Monday, January 16, 2012

DC

I arrived here on Saturday, dropped my stuff off at Heiner Contemporary and went off to one of my other favorite galleries, Curator's Office, for an opening of Jonathan Monaghan.  Perfect size, big ideas, and run by the amazing Andrea Pollan.  Below are a few pictures, shot with my phone, and remember the space is small and you kind a gotta be there...But I love DC and it's great to be here for the week!!

Above the hallway of 1515 14th Street where Curator's Office is located. 

One screen and 2 prints by Jonathan Monaghan:

A still from Mushroom Sacrifice.

Screen image above, and in the artist's words..."a bull's journey through my own version of Super Mario's Mushroom Kingdom. The film combines elements from iconic video games with a myriad of references, such as Wall Street, the Metropolitan Club, Bizet's Carmen, and hair products. Taking a comparative mythology approach to certain aspects of contemporary culture, the film aims to mediate basic oppositions such as good and evil, life and death, and reality and fantasy." 

Final crowd shot.
Now I must go install my own show!  Mike and I started last night by putting together the desk, sneak peak here:

me

I love this one of Mike!
I love Mike!
xo to all.

No comments: