Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Blogging intern: Makes new art and explores Image Library




my work area in Austin's studio

For the past few days, I have been exploring what my next step is in terms of my own artwork. (Inspiration wall pictured above). I don't want to over categorize my artworking at this point. I am learning and experimenting.

I have been going to the Image Collection at the Public Library, and pulling images I believe define different parts of my life and I think I am inspired by. Some of the categories include; "Indian Life," "Mexican Life," "French Design of the 1800's," and "Connecticut."

Although I am drawn to certain images because they are already familiar to me, my choices from the Image Collection are also of images that my family and friends might be interested in, for I am influenced by their interests. For instance my dad loves Mexico and is a chef and owns a Mexican restaurant called Tequila Mockingbird in New Canaan, Connecticut. Therefore my interested in Mexico because he is interested in Mexico.

So for my next art step forward I have decided to make portraits of all those who have influenced me over my twenty years of being alive. Within each of portrait, I will reference what they themselves have had a passion for and which they have passed onto me.

No comments: