Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Blogging Intern's Experience so Far

New Art by the Blogging Intern

This semester I have been getting into a cycle that includes; looking, thinking, writing, reading and making art. It has been incredible to see how much art is right at my fingertips. From the MET, MOMA, Guggenheim, Whitney and The Frick to the image collection at the public library and all the galleries in Chelsea, there's opportunity to view art everywhere!

The variety of art is outstanding, and I don’t have go that far. In the EFA building where Austin's studio is located there are 71 artists. During EFA’s open studios I was able to walk around to all the studios which are all so incredibly different and yet amazing in the types of materials they use and how they use them.

I have also gotten the chance to look closer into the Fine Art Adoption Network (FAAN), which is a network that allows you to adopt art and start your own art collection or add to your existing collection. Austin wants me to add collecting to my art cycles. I have been browsing through FAAN to find something that I love. I have come up with a handful of possibilities, that I really like, now I am just waiting until my inner signal tells me which one I would really love and have to collect.

I have also been able to create my own art and determine my artistic drive as well as methods of art making. I have been given the chance to get the feel of what it would be like to work and live here as an artist. Above are some of my pieces that I have been working on, and I actually just signed up to have a showing of some of my art work at the end of this semester with some of the other kids who are also a part of the New York Arts Program. The Show will be in our program house!

No comments: