Friday, October 17, 2008

Open Studio at the Elizabeth Foundation






I'm a little behind...since it opened yesterday, but I am participating in the annual Elizabeth Foundation's open studio weekend. The dates, times, and address are as follows:

My studio is #706 at 323 w. 39th Street, btw 8 and 9th aves, near Port Authority, the Elizabeth Foundation.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday, October 17, 2008 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm and
Saturday, October 18, 2008-12:00 pm - 6:00 pm

There are over 80 studios and I'll tour and shoot photos tonight of some of them.

The new program director of the Elizabeth Foundation, Ben Schaafsma, hails from Chicago and InCUBATE. InCUBATE, is the "Institute for Community Understanding Between Art and the Everyday," and they do a residency and an amazing project called Sunday Soup.

Look for more...soup and from the artists of the Elizabeth Foundation. Here's a look at my floor mate, Dorothy Robinson.

No comments: