Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter


For weeks, I've been telling Grant to be good for the Easter Bunny. Grant wanted the Easter Bunny to bring him a solar powered rainbow catcher that he first glimpsed when we went to buy pottery from Sister Jane Omlor at the Sisters of St. Francis in Tiffin, Ohio. One the sisters' website, one can even find movie reviews and a section on eternal life. I just ordered a rainbow catcher.

I decided to go running this morning (as I have decided to go every morning). Being a little too windy along the water, I headed inside to walk around Chelsea Market for a half hour. The place was unusually quiet and warm. Lining the walls were pictures of people from around the world holding glasses of water. The display was organized by Charity Water. I learned that ONE IN SIX PEOPLE ON THE PLANET DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO SAFE, CLEAN DRINKING WATER (caps theirs). I also learned that by giving $20 one person can have clean, safe drinking water for 20 years. I donated $20.

No comments: