Friday, May 22, 2009

Live to Share


I don't do studio visits very often, but yesterday I ventured out to Randy Wray's studio to deliver a drawing of mine he adopted from the Fine Art Adoption Network. The drawing Randy adopted was on the FAAN site for a year while I collected requests and then decided which home would be the most suitable. Randy was actually the very first request I received and he gave a convincing appeal and I'm a fan of his work and his various art- related activities, so it was a very good fit.

Like me, Randy organizes an artist-run project, called Element Editions, that involves invited artists to produce experimental prints. Element Editions prints are in the collections of the Art Institute of Chicago, the Museum of Modern Art, and the Weatherspoon Art Museum. I bought a print by Andrew Piedilato!

Andrew is a Bushwick artist. I've taken to calling these neighboring art pals, "studio-mates," he hangs out at the "Pocket," and he made an irresistible print for Elemental. It might take me awhile to pay the print off in installments, but it"ll be something to look forward to! In the meantime, I've put a new print of my own up for adoption on FAAN.

No comments: