Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sal and Christine (and Fred)


Tonight my thoughts are of Sal Randolph and Christine Castsifas. Their works go well together.

The three of us met at Sal's studio last night. The talk decentered. We didn't bother deconstructing one another's work, instead we concentrated, naturally on making each other's work better. The purpose of our meeting was to try and instigate Sal's participation in a show at the Good Children Gallery in New Orleans in October. The image above is from the gallery's current show.

I also went over to Fred's studio. I've been going to Fred's about every other week since he started preparing for his show at Pocket Utopia. You can check his progress on his blog. He's working hard. The more I go to Fred's the more I learn. It's centering.

Pocket Utopia was mentioned in an article, in the Village Voice this week. The article was about Bushwick galleries.

I also just listed a new gocco print on etsy! It's over there and away from center!

No comments: