Monday, February 16, 2009

The moment is still with us...






A week later, Andrew Hurst's performance/ceremony to his dead tarantula still resonates. With lights off and candles lit, Andrew held the space in a stilled moment.

I like this from a another blog, "Nice Work if You Can Get it:"

The other highlight was the night-capping live performance at Pocket Utopia in which Andrew Hurst dissected his dead pet tarantula, bundled up its parts with some bone dust and pot, attached the whole thing to a dozen black helium-filled balloons, and then released it into the night sky. This being Brooklyn, the balloons immediately got caught on the antenna of the warehouse across the street, so it didn’t turn out to be as euphoric as I hoped. I really wish I had a video of this performance to post, but I don’t.All in all, a really great Friday the thirteenth.



Pictures by our resident documentarian, Kevin Regan

No comments: