Thursday, May 1, 2008

Welcome to Drawing on the Utopia


Welcome to my new blog! Moving to an actual studio space with a door and a lock, and air conditioning is cause for much more than celebration, it's a reason to write beyond the laundry room art-making experience. As the editing and viewing process begins on my drawings that have been accumulating in boxes for 3 years, I thought this would be a good opportunity to write about other pocket utopias and on other "free-spaces," or creative places, people, and projects.

I am also marking this transition to a studio space with the opening of my etsy store called Byproduct. Byproduct believes in supporting all aspects of an artist's creativity; whether it be their thoughts, sketches, recipes, book choices, or other made and customized objects. Where Pocket Utopia gallery sells art priced from $200 to $2000. Byproduct's hand-made and hand-selected items average $20.

The current item for sale, pictured above, is my first ever limited edition gocco print. It's hand printed by myself, in black ink with greenish tones on white cover stock. I made 20 prints and it measures 4 by 5 inches. Each print is signed and numbered.

Thanks for reading and looking (and buying). Now it's time to move and discover all things utopic.

No comments: